Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Flat 5K Training Run

Today I ran 5K by running 7/10mile laps locally around my house. The 5K that I run on weekends has too much traffic to do on work mornings and I just like being close to home.
Joe ran too. We ran the first mile together in 7:48. At the end of the first mile, Ben started running his mile and I followed him at a faster pace and completed mile two in 6:38. My last 1.1 miles I did in 7:40.18 (which is 7:32pace) for a total of (7:48+6:38+7:40) 22:07. Following somebody faster really helps. I like to get Ben and Joe to trade off half miles and help me to break 20 minutes one day this week. (Joe by the way completed 5K today in 25:11, a good run for the little guy.)

I was very comfortable this morning, never gasping but I was breathing very deep and steady. I don't know my heart rate (wish I did) but I imagine I could keep up 7:40 pace for a 10K.

My goal being 19:59.9, I was 2:07 behind. Thats a lot of time. If I take one off the first and last mile I would be at 20:07. But I would have been dying. I will get there, its just going to take time.

No comments: